The Commercial Producer will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge commercial spots from concept to completion. Creative scripting, shooting, and non-linear editing experience is a must.
- Creatively write, shoot, and edit content to tell compelling stories
- Collaborate with creative team and project stakeholders to produce videos and digital content that are on-brand and drive results
- Coordinate with clients and Account Executives to obtain project assets, scope of work, and creative direction for each project
- Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
- Coordinate production, including working with clients, account executives, agencies, as well as planning location(s), talent, music, voice-over and reserving any other technical pieces (camera’s, vehicles, etc.) needed for project
- Manage software and equipment storage and upgrade needs in coordination with other Creative Services Department members
- Mentor junior commercial producers as needed
- Extensive shooting and scripting of both short and long form spots from concept to completion
- Work in conjunction with news to produce, shoot, and edit local 30-minute specials for Nexstar initiatives including Remarkable Women, Hispanic Heritage Month, Veterans’ Voices, Black History Month, etc.
- Assist with planning, production shoots, and edits for image branding campaigns and PSAs for CBS 42 community outreach initiatives
- Perform other duties, as directed by management
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or promotion experience, or college degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Broad understanding of marketing and design
- Advanced knowledge of cameras and support equipment (such as gimbals, Dana Dolly, and jibs), motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
- Exhibit advanced editing expertise
- A passion to stay up-to-date on production trends and continually strive to push boundaries
- Live, multi-camera production and microwave truck experience preferred
- Software skills required include Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
- Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Occasional weekends, evenings, and holiday shifts will be required
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station
- Possess a strong understanding of fundamental design, a strong sense of color, typography, and composition
- Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Position has a dual-reporting structure to the General Sales Manager (Sales Dept) and the Creative Services Director.
Go to https://www.cbs42.com/work-with-cbs-42/
Click the link to search for jobs in Birmingham, AL
Locate the titled job posting
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.