Red Apple Media is searching for Part-Time Radio Board Operators with at least 1 year of experience running a broadcast board for 77 Talk Radio WABC (New York, NY) and Talk Radio 107.1 WLIR-FM (Hampton Bays, NY).
• Run radio broadcast board for live and pre-recorded local and syndicated programs plus news, traffic and weather breaks
• Play all commercials and promos as scheduled
• Maintain accurate commercial and transmitter logs
• Monitor the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
• Regulate timing of programs
• Handle emergency inserts (e.g. breaking news updates, emergency alert system, amber alerts etc.)
• Be familiar with EAS guidelines and air emergency alert system tests as indicated
• Be familiar with FCC rules and protect the companys FCC license by censoring live programs and deleting words / phrases not permitted on air
• Troubleshoot technical problems
• Notify Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast
• Available to work assigned shifts primarily nights, overnights, weekends and holidays
• Familiarity with automation systems, Zetta Radio Automation System a plus
• Proficient in Google Apps Business Suite (Gmail / Docs / Sheets / Slides / Drive) and audio editing software like Adobe Audition
• Must be able to work with little supervision with multiple demands
• Time management and attention to detail
• Dependability and reliability a must
• At least 1 year experience in the same / similar position in a mid- to major radio market
• High school diploma required. College or related technical training a plus
Send email with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Use the subject header P/T Board Op. Let us know you found the opening on the NASBA Career Page. No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.