WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, AL, has an immediate opening for a full-time newscast Producer to join our award-winning newsroom. The successful candidate must be a self-starter with good organizational abilities, and able to utilize strong editorial, journalistic and communication skills. Our producers have multiple live capabilities to build informative, fast-paced newscasts.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The successful candidate will produce our newscasts as assigned.
- We are looking for candidates with experience as a line producer in a competitive news market, including working with anchors, LIVE reporters, and directors.
- Candidate must be a great writer, communicator and should have natural leadership skills.
- Candidate must be able to sift through complicated issues and provide clarity to viewers and web users.
- Newscasts are fast paced, “Happening Now” newscasts, filled with LIVE reports and breaking news.
- Adjusting to situations is key and thinking uniquely to breaking events will continue to move the newscast forward.
- Multi-tasking is key as you will be juggling many things at once.
- The successful candidate will be required to post stories to the station web site and all social media platforms.
- Experience with ENPS and Edius editing is a plus.
- Experience producing special reports and breaking news will put a candidacy ahead of others.
- College degree in journalism or related experience is required.
- Must be able to work extra hours, holidays, etc.
- Must have a valid driver license.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references