WSFA 12 News is looking for an experienced Multimedia Journalist/Reporter to join our award-winning team in Montgomery. The candidate will be responsible for covering local news stories for our newscasts and website and news app. Candidate must be a team player, able to juggle multiple deadlines, and have experience covering breaking news. We are looking for someone who can shoot, write, and edit for TV and all digital platforms. This position will include working weekends.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Shooting, writing, and editing daily content for newscasts and website
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
- Ability to write news content for television and a different digital version
- Ability to handle breaking news and live reporting
- Generating story ideas and building local contacts
- Performing other duties as assigned by management
- At least 2 years as an MMJ in a television newsroom
- Journalism or Communications degree preferred
- Computer literacy, including newsroom computer systems
- Knowledge of central Alabama communities, issues, and coverage opportunities
- Experience in a television newsroom
- Must have a good driving record
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your cover letter, resume, and references.