Website WSFA 12 News WSFA 12 News
WSFA 12 News
WSFA 12 News in Montgomery, AL, is looking for a Digital Content News Producer to join our digital team. The Digital Producer is responsible for producing news content for the station’s digital platforms, including the website and social media accounts. This includes writing and reporting breaking and developing news stories, and generating high-quality news, sports, and entertainment content.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– The producer will drive all things digital – working closely with the newsroom team, specifically producers, reporters and anchors.
– Qualified applicants will have experience generating written news content using AP Style for digital platforms.
– Experience with video editing, Photoshop, and social media is strongly preferred, as is a comfort with technical requirements such as setting up video livestreams and other back-end systems.
– We’re looking for an enthusiastic producer with strong news judgment and the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once without much supervision.
– Candidates must be able to execute and maintain news strategies and goals to provide competitive, 24/7 local digital content coverage for our news consumers.
– The successful applicant will be part of a five-person digital specific team and must have at least one year of experience working with digital and social media for a news organization.
– Need to be extremely well-versed in new writing, using a content management system, and the mechanics of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok and Snapchat.
– Candidates must be a great communicator, great working with people, organized, and have excellent writing skills.
– College degree required – Journalism/English degrees are preferred.
You must sign in to apply for this position.