Woodward Radio Group
Woodward Radio Group, a division of employee-owned Woodward Communications, Inc., located in Appleton, WI has an opening for the right person who has skills we are looking for and wants to work in an environment that balances teamwork, ownership, and fun.
Our ideal candidate will preferably have accounting and customer service experience, be a problem solver with attention to detail, quick learner, and must be proficient in various software programs, like Google and all Microsoft applications. This person will also need to fit our unique culture, and enjoy working with a variety of personalities in a deadline-driven environment.
If this opportunity appeals to you, send us your resume today!
Woodward Radio Group is a recognized industry leader, having won multiple local, regional and national awards for its programming. We operate six stations in the Oshkosh, Appleton, and Green Bay, Wisconsin markets.
To learn more about Woodward Radio Group, visit https://www.wcinet.com/woodward-radio-group
Woodward Radio Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Be flexible and up-to-date on computer programming changes.
- Generate daily broadcast logs, edit logs after broadcast.
- Record payments on accounts receivable, and enter into traffic and billing system.
- Process credit card payments.
- Maintain and record information for sales and billing purposes.
- Complete Co-op affidavits.
- Provide reports for Sales Staff Sales Managers, Creative Department, Business
- Manager and General Manager as needed.
- Enter copy rotation and assigning cart numbers and special handling for announcer vacations for live ads.
- Reconcile logs after broadcast to reflect actual air times and resolve discrepancies.
- Communicate daily with sales to get commercial spot details.
- Work with Sales and Programming Departments to set long-term programming schedules, and schedule sporting events or build special programs as needed.
- Schedule and maintain bump and hold file which includes making good all paid and barter ads that are missed.
- Schedule daily orders, manipulate slots for better distribution of commercial spots per programming.
- Send completed logs to programming and Audiovault through Marketron Automation.
- Receive and record checks, cash and credit cards for accounts receivable. Send report to corporate accounting department. Prepare a daily deposit.
- Process weekly and monthly client invoicing of commercial spots.
- Prepare weekly affidavits of performance for co-op billing in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly affidavits for programs and commercials spots for networks.
- Handle client request such as billing questions, payment information, duplicate bills, reconciling, etc.
- Use computer for various duties, mainly using Marketron, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Back up for reception and switchboard.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Behavior: Communicate and interact well with others. Capable of self-motivation. Present a friendly and helpful image. Great Customer Service. Confidential handling of company material. Appropriate dress and behavior.
- Skills: Good communication skills- listening , questioning and follow through. Analytical and problem-solving ability. Skilled in computer usage. Ability to do precision work while meeting deadlines and overcoming interruptions. Good organizational skills.
- Knowledge: High School education with emphasis on clerical and math skills and at least one year of general office experience. Some knowledge of radio station operations and functions helpful. Computer skills necessary, especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
You must sign in to apply for this position.