Website WITI-FOX 6 / FOX Television Stations
JOB TITLE: Newscast Director (part-time)
FOX 6 is seeking a newscast director. The position involves nights/early morning, weekend and holiday schedules. The successful individual in this position will work with producers and control room crew to create live, compelling and error-free newscasts.
- Oversee direction of local news broadcast by coding and operating automation system
- Must communicate effectively and relay directions and work well within a team environment
- Report equipment failures and problems appropriately to ensure repairs are made
- Update station discrepancy report daily
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Experience as a newscast director is preferred, minimum of one to two years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment.
- Experience with Ross Overdrive
- Need working knowledge of iNews, Chyron Prime, BitCentral, Ross CamBots and SSL Audio Board
- Ability to work unique shifts and schedules with turnarounds from evenings to mornings required along with weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Works well with other departments and employees
- Ability to problem solve, troubleshoot, work under deadlines, pay attention to details and multi-task
- Strong PC/MS Office experience, 95% of your workday will be looking at computer monitors
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended period of time
- Must be able to lift or move 60 pounds
- Technical degree in Digital Electronics, Broadcasting or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- This is an IBEW 715 union position
You must sign in to apply for this position.