WISN-TV, the Hearst Television ABC affiliate in Milwaukee, has a full-time opening for an experienced broadcast Operations Engineer. The Operations Engineer is responsible to operate a variety of our control room and master control equipment as well as maintain the technical integrity of the station’s on-air signals and its equipment from acquisition to distribution.
- Coordinates live and taped programming for broadcast
- Maintains on air operation to include running commercials, network, and local programming as a master control operator
- Monitors multiple channels to ensure regulatory compliance and quality signals.
- Operates ADC Automation equipment
- Follows FCC monitoring and EAS procedures
- Observes transmitters and takes readings
- Maintains program and transmitter logs
- Executes, edits, updates, and appends playlists
- Acquires content from various distributors
- Reports equipment issues and transmission discrepancies
- Basic multi-media computer skill and familiarity with current Internet technology including downloading of materials for promos and commercial client spots
- Work as needed in control room in technical positions (audio console, robotic camera, production switcher) for live and recorded television programs
- Non-linear editing as needed
- Other duties as assigned by TV Engineering Management
- Should have 2+ years of experience working as an operations engineer at a commercial television station with extensive experience in operating a wide variety of broadcast equipment
- Related military experience will be considered
You must sign in to apply for this position.