Website https://twitter.com/CBS_42 WIAT - CBS 42 NEWS
Coverage You Can Count On
The News Editor operates editing equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and other programming.
- Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming
- Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
- Trims filmed segments to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
- Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
- Sets up and operates computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product
- Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
- Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
- Maintains editing equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience operating video editing equipment
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Proficiency with video editing equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Go to https://www.cbs42.com/work-with-cbs-42/
Click the link to search for jobs in Birmingham, AL
Locate the titled job posting
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.