WIAT CBS 42 is looking for a Weekend Anchor/ Investigative Reporter who is eager to gather, develop, and present stories with an impact on our communities each day. The chosen candidate will have a passion for developing solid contacts, researching potential story ideas, pursuing leads on big stories, and creating memorable stories.
Come join a team that believes in providing opportunities for growth – personally and professionally. News managers provide constructive feedback to help members of the news team hone their craft. At CBS 42, reporters are paired with photographers to deliver quality that is unmatched in our market.
The Anchor-Reporter is expected to enterprise stories, write, edit, and use creativity in presenting news stories across all platforms. We are looking for a reporter who will help us live up to our “local coverage” brand. Being a team player and having a community-driven mindset will be important to the person chosen to fill the position.
If you are ambitious, motivated, curious, and ready to win with our team, we want to see you as our newest Anchor/Investigative Reporter!
- Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
- Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
- Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
- Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
- Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
- Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
- Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
- Strong reporting skills
- Understand importance of social media
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
- Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
- Operate newsroom computer systems
Go to https://www.cbs42.com/work-with-cbs-42/
Click the link to search for jobs in Birmingham, AL
Locate the titled job posting
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, youll enjoy your career with us!
Job posted by an Equal Opportunity Employer
You must sign in to apply for this position.