WAFF is seeking a morning news Executive Producer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be an effective leader able to inspire and coach a team of journalists. The EP will be an aggressive breaking news leader with creative problem solving abilities. They will be a member of the news management team and will work to develop and execute key newsroom initiatives.
· Work with producers, directors, reporters and anchors for the best showcasing, live shots and quality content in the market.
· Teach staff to write with clear, conversational and concise writing.
· Work with reporters to plan story ideas ahead, to help build local content.
· Assist management team with planning of future projects, elections, and other special events.
· Must be assertive with breaking news and weather coverage.
· 3 years of experience as a producer in a top 50 market; or previous Executive Producer experience preferred.
· BS/BA in Journalism/Communications or equivalent background.
· Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.