Website Telemundo Colorado
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website.
Salary range: $55,000 – $65,000 (based on experience)
TELEMUNDO COLORADO is seeking a Multimedia Journalist responsible for the writing and on-air delivery of daily newscasts. The ideal candidate will also shoot, write & edit news stories for all of our platforms, including broadcast, web, social media, and OTT. They will work closely with producers to ensure stories are accurately written and presented on all platforms.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
- Responsible for gathering information on newsworthy events.
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts providing access to exclusive stories.
- Gather information on newsworthy events and write, produce, and present fair, accurate and unbiased news stories as assigned.
- Gather news information and prepare for presentation in the newscast and all digital platforms.
- Be responsible for providing on-air news including both in studio and frequent field shoots.
- Create, report, and help produce news specials and packages, based on either breaking news or on pre-planned stories that were promoted ahead of time. Create content for KDEN non-linear platforms.
- Assist producer in establishing sources, finding, and executing enterprise news investigations, building, and maintaining strong list of story ideas on a year-round basis, both long-term deeper digging stories and quicker turns, document acquisition and paper trails.
- Make phone calls to set up interviews. These calls may happen outside of regular working hours.
- Must have a flexible schedule with ability to work any of a 24x7 shifts and willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice
- Large community involvement, making a reasonable number of appearances tied into the viewer community.
- Write stories headlines and news updates for television, online and digital platforms.
- Will operate video camera and recording equipment, live U or Dejero and edit on Edius Pro editing systems.
- Respond quickly to breaking news and take direction from, and interact with, the assignment desk, producers, MMJs, anchors, and production control room personnel.
- Maintain technical equipment including cameras and lighting gear.
- Manage project deadlines and deliverables.
- Must abide by the NBC – Telemundo News Standards and Guidelines
- Follow NBC – Telemundo Social Media Policies and Standards
Requirements:Qualifications Eligibility Requirements
- BS/BA in Journalism/Communications.
- Minimum 1 year of experience shooting with HD Cam.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with film or video lighting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a reporter in a top 50 market.
- Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts.
- Working knowledge of I-news, Stratus, Avid, Edius or Final Cut Pro.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and the internet.
- Must have strong Spanish language skills (verbal & written).
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work in Centennial, Colorado
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- News judgment with solid ethical decision process
- Strong English, reading, writing, and speaking
- Highly competitive nature
- Ability to perform under tight time deadlines
- Able to respond quickly and accurately to breaking news with Live Cut-ins
- Able to “ad-lib” effortlessly in various types of situations
- Creative with unique story ideas for development
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or as part of a collaborative team.
Contact:Please apply online nbcunicareers.com
You must sign in to apply for this position.