SummitMedia Knoxville, TN is seeking a full-time marketing strategy lead/account executive who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. We are identifying competitive individuals with a proven track record of over-achieving sales goals to maintain and grow existing business/relationships with our key accounts, identify and pursue ways to increase individual, client and company sales growth, and surpass client expectations. In return, we offer a career opportunity with a stimulating work environment and one of the best teams in the business.
Serving the largest and most loyal audience of listeners and clients in East Tennessee, the four-station group of Star 102.1, Hot 104.5, 100.3 The Wolf, and Awesome 93.1, offers the best training, resources, benefits, and support to its family of employees. The Knoxville group strives to maintain the highest level of excellence while staying on the forefront of the most advanced technologies. We embrace our successes and are laser-focused on future growth in each of our programming, sales, digital, and promotional departments.
- A marketing or sales background, with proven success at finding decision makers and guiding decisions; ideally 2+ years of outside sales experience
- Proven success at negotiation, closing business, and new business development
- Proven experience multi-tasking in a fast paced and changing environment while meeting goals and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written with the ability to present to potential clients, often in a group
- Adaptability in working with and building long term relationships with a variety of businesses
- Ability to use strong listening skills and curiosity to seek the best solutions for clients
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Microsoft Word
- Strong networking skills and attendance at networking vents to improve business relationships
- Compensation includes guarantee plus commission
- Benefits including a 401K, medical packages including optional dental and vision
- On-going training
- Proven self-starter with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Professional appearance required
- Able to provide transportation with valid driver’s license
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail
- Media sales experience is preferred
- Prefer a 4-year degree in applicable field (not required)
You must sign in to apply for this position.