Website Sinclari Broadcast Group
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV is looking for a multi-media video journalist (MMJ). Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and cell phones, in addition to television.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- The ability to operate a LiveU cellular live system is a must.
- The ability to conduct effective interviews and gather information.
- Write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Must be able to write stories for the station web sites in addition to posting to station social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- A minimum of 1-3 years reporting experience is required.
- Hours: Must be available to work all shifts including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- A valid drivers license and clean driving record is a must.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, and strong organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must, along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the area is a plus.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.