Website Sinclair Broadcast Group
WHAM has an immediate opening for a Weekend Anchor/Reporter!
The weekend anchor/reporter anchors assigned weekend newscasts and reports stories as assigned for the balance of their schedule. Strong on-air presentation skills are a must along with the ability to gather information and present news reports on air from the field and in the studio. The weekend anchor/reporter will also provide content for the station’s web page and social media sites and must have the ability to shoot and edit video as needed.
Responsibilities:RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The ability to effectively anchor from the studio as well as conduct interviews and gather information in the field.
- Report and write stories under deadline pressure and appear on camera—both live and recorded.
- Generate content for the station’s web site as well as the station’s social media sites.
- Must be able to shoot with an HD video camera and edit video using non-linear video editing equipment under deadline pressure.
- Hours: Must be available to work each weekend as well as the flexibility to work other shifts as needed including early mornings, overnights, weekends, and holidays.
- College degree with an emphasis in Broadcast Communications or Journalism preferred.
- Three (3) years minimum experience preferred including prior news reporting and anchoring.
- Working knowledge of television news photography and technology.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, strong storytelling and organizational skills desired.
- The ability to work well with others is a must along with a positive can-do attitude.
- Knowledge of the Rochester area is a plus.
You must sign in to apply for this position.