Website Sinclair Broadcast Group
WHAM is Rochester’s news and marketing leader in Upstate New York. We’re hard-working, we’re award winning, and we believe in the value of each and every member of our team. WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV is looking for an enthusiastic, motivated Marketing Consultant who will meet or exceed revenue goals by designing creative client campaigns that drive desired business results. We are looking for someone who can connect with clients and help them achieve their business objectives through effective TV and digital advertising.
Responsibilities:In this position you will:
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted campaigns
- Research and build campaign solutions, including overall branding and creative and ensure campaign execution meets client expectation
- Establish trusting relationships with clients, community and Sinclair and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
- Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are expanding, relocating, hiring
- Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
- Grow share of clients’ advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
- Support quality deliverables to drive client results
- Support collection of receivables
- Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective story-telling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
- Develop capabilities to produce creative and effective campaigns
Requirements:Qualifications: Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset Driven by practical results, opportunities to learn, and opportunities to assist others with intention Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills Maintain proactive communication with supervisor on sales and marketing activities Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media required Media sales experience preferred and an excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition Bachelor’s degree preferred in marketing/advertising majors Ability to quickly recover from adversity Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people Proficient in Microsoft Office Professional appearance a must Reliable transportation and a satisfactory driving record. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
You must sign in to apply for this position.