Website Sinclair Broadcast Group
WHAM: Rochester’s news and marketing leader in Upstate New York. We’re hard-working, award winning, and value every member of our team. WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV has an immediate opportunity for a Marketing Associate. If this might be you — read on!
WHAM-TV/WUHF-TV in Rochester, NY is seeking candidates for Marketing Associate who will serve as a dedicated marketing, data and content powerhouse across the station’s Sales and Solutions teams. The ideal candidate will be a well-organized multi-tasker with a passion for assisting others in the work group and contributing to the team’s success. From time to time, the Marketing Associate may manage assigned accounts in the role of a junior Marketing Consultant.
Responsibilities:RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Work efficiently with the team of Marketing Consultants (MC) and Management to support new and existing business in achievement of substantial client and station growth.
- Provide world-class administrative support to the MC’s and Management and customer service to both existing and new clients, i.e. provide spot placements, assist in reconciling contracts etc.
- Collaborate with MC’s to fulfill advertising clients’ RFP requests and manage ad scheduling process.
- Team with MC's to help implement marketing campaigns utilizing both television and digital products
- Process customer account orders and billing information with diligent attention to detail.
- Enter trade orders and complete necessary back-up requirements for trade order entry.
- Manage preempts and develop make good plans to accurately represent client’s delivery requirements.
- Team environment including backup responsibilities for other assistants.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Sales and Local Sales Managers.
Requirements:REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Marketing or advertising experience a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Ability to learn industry tools including, but not limited to Wide Orbit, BASE, Ad Connections, Outlook, Kantar, Nielsen, ComScore.
- Great attention to detail is essential along with the ability to meet strict deadlines while maintaining accuracy.
- Ability to work with teammates to receive, digest, and determine necessary outcomes for an assignment.