Website Salem Media Group of Washington DC: WAVA, 105.1 FM & 780, AM 570 The Answer, and Sirius-XM 131 FamilyTalk
Part-Time – Various Days and Times
We currently seek candidates for part-time positions available as a Board Operator at The Salem DC cluster.
Duties and Responsibilities.
· Must operate standard broadcast console, including “faders” or “pots.”
· Protect the company’s F-C-C license, successfully execute E-A-S tests, log transmitter readings, raise and lower power and follow regulations and policies under the direction of the Chief Operator.
· Able to read and follow program logs and play programs, spots and station identification’s for multiple stations.
· Ability to record commercials as well as live and pre-recorded production programming.
· Support other staff members with any needed concerns.
· Be proficient with AXIA Consoles.
· Be proficient with Adobe Audition.
· Be familiar with the Rivendell Automation system.
· Must be flexible to stay until the next operator has relieved you of your duties.
· The ability to travel in all types of weather to your work assignment.
· Other duties as assigned.
Responsibilities:General Skills: • The ability to work and problem solve independently. • Ability to interact and work well with others. • Must be dependable, detailed oriented and organized. • Must be able to follow direction well. • Must be able to execute multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements:Education, Specific Skills and Experience: • High School Diploma or GED. • Prior experience in running an audio console at a commercial or non-commercial radio station is necessary. • Experience in a similar format/formats preferred. • Experience with digital audio and digital editing systems. • Computer proficiency and ability to use Windows and Linux-based systems and programs. • Experience working with broadcast automation systems. • Able to work regular weekend and/or overnight shifts. • Must have a legal right to work in the United States.
You must sign in to apply for this position.