Website Nexstar Media
ABC 4 News (ABC4 Utah/Utah’s CW30) is looking for an experienced line-producer to lead a daily newscast. The ideal candidate has excellent news judgement, is calm under pressure, a multi-tasker, and possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
ABC 4 News is looking for a producer who is passionate about news, loves to write and looks forward to crafting a show from top to bottom. ABC 4 News is a forward-thinking newsroom that still embraces enterprise journalism and still believes in making a difference in our community.
Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Produces newscasts for broadcast across all platforms
- Writes and orders news stories
- Approves scripts
- Balances news and feature content to create compelling broadcasts
- Edits video
- Writes stories for the website and other eMedia platforms
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements:Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations (Depending on market size)
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
- Must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, work outdoors occasionally in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
- In addition, must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 25 pounds, and can handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
You must sign in to apply for this position.