Website Nexstar Media
Are you looking for a great experience in Salt Lake City? Do you want to be a part of a team of journalists that work hard at their profession? KTVX/KUCW is searching for its next prime time evening News Anchor. We need just the right candidate.. somebody who wants to make our beautiful city home for many years. We are looking for a News Anchor whose journalistic skills will shine both on and off the air, and whose presence shows credibility and trustworthiness. He/she will be part of a team, and help mentor young journalists in the newsroom. This person must be a leader both on the air and off, and be able to present content for all platforms that is clear, engaging and meaningful to our viewers and consumers.
Our News Anchor will also represent the station at remote newscasts, community events and parades. Join us at Nexstar as we grow ratings and share, covering our beautiful state of Utah.
If you love the outdoors, this is the place for you. Whether its skiing, snowboarding, hiking, swimming or fishing, we have it all. A great place to raise a family.
As a prime evening News Anchor, you will anchor all the early evening and nightside newscasts Monday through Friday. We are looking for a leader in the newsroom, able to be an example to young journalists around you.
Responsibilities:DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Able to anchor broadcasts live from news events.
- Assists in writing copy, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Communicates clearly with team members.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances (parades, community events).
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education).
- Solid vocal delivery and clear enunciation a must. Strong ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgement with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, and issues.
- Solid newsroom citizen, strong everyday good attitude, promoter of teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Understand importance of social media.
- Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Able to work afternoon/evenings.
- Proficient in ENPS, Adobe Premier, and Teams.