Website Nexstar Media
The Assignment Desk Manager is the heart of our newsroom, a person able to handle reams of incoming information, process it and turn it into television. He/she/they will coordinate daily coverage plans, while also preparing for long term projects and coverage. In addition to overseeing the Assignment Desk, the Assignment Desk Manager also works closely with the Digital Director and producers, coordinating news coverage across all station platforms.
Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs the morning/afternoon editorial meetings where story coverage is discussed and decided. Provides a comprehensive list of all possible stories.
- Dispatches reporters/MMJ’s to cover stories.
- Dispatches photographers to cover stories.
- Tracks stories from all sources, including government agencies, wire services and community groups.
- Coordinates logistics for newscasts.
- Assists in development, planning and follow-up of all news stories.
- Edits video clips when needed.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements:Requirements and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum two years’ experience in news operations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift
Apply for job at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/details/Assignment-Manager_REQ-25264 Employees apply through Workday under the Career icon
You must sign in to apply for this position.