Website Nexstar Media
The Assistant I, Commercial Producer will be responsible for the development of cutting-edge commercial spots and the shooting and editing of news stories for our Lifestyle Program. Creative scripting, shooting and non-linear editing experience is a must.
- Scripting, shooting and editing of spots from concept to completion.
- Shooting and editing news stories with Lifestyle Program Anchor.
- Collaborate with account executives and creative team to produce videos and digital content that are on-brand and drive results
- Maintain a variety of projects and work with varying production styles while employing strong client service skills
- Coordinate production, including working with clients, account executives, agencies, as well as planning location(s), talent, music, voice-over and reserving any other technical pieces (camera’s, vehicles, etc.) needed for project
- Manage video equipment and software needs
- Perform other duties, as directed by management
Requirements:Requirements & Skills
- Minimum 1-2 years commercial and/or promotion experience, or college degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of the post-production process, including media management and encoding video to various formats
- Broad understanding of marketing and design
- Advanced knowledge of High-definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques
- Exhibit advanced editing expertise
- A passion to stay up-to-date on production trends and continually strive to push boundaries
- Software skills required include Adobe CC Suite production package including; Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Audition and Media Encoder
- Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority
- Must be able to work independently or as part of a team
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record as some travel may be required for commercial shoots and production meetings with advertisers of the station
- Meet all deadlines, fulfill scheduling commitments and consistently achieve quick turnarounds in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment