Website Nexstar Media
WXIN (FOX59), the Nexstar-owned FOX affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana, has an opening for an experienced Sales Account Executive. The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and creating partnerships through a consultative selling approach that builds trust through results.
Responsibilities:Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing new business on all platforms for WXIN-TV Indianapolis.
- Ideal candidate will possess a passion for “selling the sizzle” of the FOX sports suite of products (NFL, MLB, NASCAR and more), as well as the leading local newscasts in Indy.
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community, providing excellent customer service.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients, cold calling and prospecting is required.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients, which follows the consultative sales approach we streamline with our prospective clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements via our creative resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.