Website Nexstar Media
Here is your chance to join the management team of a proven CBS Affiliate in the 25th Television Market, combined with a high performing Nielsen-rated digital subchannel station. Nexstar’s WTTV-CBS4/The Dot 4 .2 is seeking its next Sales Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana!
This is an opportunity for a leader with the right qualities who creates a positive culture through strong leadership, clear direction, effective coaching, a proven recruiting track record, and a vision of long-term success. We are seeking a dynamic Sales Manager who will lead a team of winning Account Executives.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of our Local AEs, including development of new business and achievement of TV and Digital revenue goals as well as but not limited to:
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion, and operation of account executives and sales assistants.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, new business and digital revenue
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Develops and cultivates client relationships alongside Account Executives
- An effective Sales Manager should have a strong grasp of current digital marketing tools and strategies and social media platforms.
- Must be able to lead integrated digital marketing campaigns from conception to execution.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum five years of media sales experience; management experience preferred; solid knowledge of digital technology including mobile and social media platforms.
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience recruiting, guiding, directing, and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore, Google Manager and Social
- Platforms is preferred
- 3-5 years of television sales management experience is preferred.
- 5+ years television sales experience mandatory.
You must sign in to apply for this position.