Website Nexstar Media
The digital team at FOX59/CBS4 is searching for a Digital Content Producer/Writer with the right mix of news judgment, creativity, and command of all things digital and social.
- Report and write news quickly and accurately
- Be able to craft original content that stands out from competition
- Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
- Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
- Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
- Understand different ways to tell a story, particularly by producing short videos and choosing great photos
- Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and create opportunities to market web content on broadcast
- Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Requirements:Skill/ Experience Requirements
- 1 year of experience recommended in digital content and journalism
- Clever headline writer that gets readers to click
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
- Capable of researching, interviewing, and writing original news articles
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
- Enjoy working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
- Strong communicator
- Some schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
- Regularly meets measurements of success
- Understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
You must sign in to apply for this position.