Website Nexstar Media
CBS4 in Indianapolis is looking for a dynamic Anchor/Reporter to co-anchor the weekday evening newscasts. This is the fastest growing newscast in its time period produced by the #1 newsroom in the market. This position will also fill in on the anchor desk for other newscasts and will produce content for sweeps periods, special projects and other purposes as needed. This is a rare opportunity to join the anchor desk in the 25th ranked market and in one of the best big cities in the country.
Responsibilities:Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and external entities.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities to include public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other platforms
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in news anchoring.
- Must possess the ability to interact well with anchors, reporters, producers, videographers, news managers, etc. with superior business acumen
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Superior/Flawless on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, etc.
- Ability to meet clock requirements, prioritize assignments and multitask simultaneously with execution showcasing your high level of experiences
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.