Website Nexstar Media Inc. - WREG TV News Channel 3
CBS affiliate for Memphis and the surrounding area
WREG-TV News Channel 3 is the CBS affiliate for Memphis and the surrounding area. The Nexstar Inc. owned TV station is the market’s news leader with the highest rated local newscasts from Daybreak to 10PM seven days a week, and provides news, weather, sports, and entertainment programming for viewers in and around the city.
The Production Technician position has core responsibility elements to include floor directing, teleprompter, camera operations, and board operations.
The WREG ideal candidate must have a thorough understanding and knowledge of broadcast television production. Duties for the part-time Production Technician include, floor directing, teleprompter, studio camera operation, studio lighting board operation, guest and talent management, and other duties as assigned.
Additional required skills include but are not limited to: audio, proper placement of microphones on news anchors and guests, ability to handle unexpected and last minute changes and ability to effectively communicate those changes promptly to studio talent. The Production Technician must possess the ability to work promptly, under pressure in a cohesive team environment, have clear verbal skills and be reliable with a great attitude. Must be able to work holidays, weekends and flexible schedules being mindful part of fun here is being a 24/7 operation.
Requirements:PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONS ESSENTIAL TO THE JOB:
- Set up, test & operate all audio sources for broadcast and/or pre-production.
- Thoroughly understanding all audio equipment.
- Meet with director to find out show responsibilities and properly execute them.
- Ability to operate studio camera and floor directing duties.
- A degree in communications or its equivalent.
- One year experience in a television or production facility.
- Ability to type 35 WPM and must possess accurate spelling skills.
- Knowledge of various audio equipment, both playback and recording is preferred.
- Valid drivers license is required.
You must sign in to apply for this position.