Website Nexstar Media
News 19 is excited to welcome internships this summer!
WHNT News 19’s College Internship Program is designed to provide college students of Junior, Senior, and graduate level class the opportunity to explore careers in the broadcasting and digital media industry while providing meaningful and practical business experience which will generate college credit.
- News 19 will accept 5 interns for the 2023 summer session (June 6th-August 5th)
- Applicants interested in a summer internship must apply by April 21st in order to be considered.
- The WHNT Internship Program is unpaid. You must receive college credit for the internship. Accepted applicants will be given a separate form that must be signed by an academic advisor or department head certifying credit will be received.
- College internships with WHNT News 19 are limited to one per student. We will not accept repeat interns from previous internships.
- Interns will report to the internship coordinator.
- 4 out of the 5 Internships will include general work in the newsroom but may also extend to help those with specialized interest in areas such as: -Reporting -Producing -Digital journalism -Editing/production -Meteorology -Sports reporting/producing
- The remaining 5th Internship will include Advertising (TV and Digital) general work in our Sales Department.
- To be eligible for a WHNT News 19 college internship, you must achieve one of the following class standings by the Spring 2023 term. a. Junior b. Senior c. Graduate
- You must receive college or university credit for participating in this program. There will be no exceptions to this. To receive course credit, you must comply with all school requirements as well as WHNT requirements. Please be fully aware of your school's internship requirements before applying for the WHNT internship program.
Apply Online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/Summer-Intern_REQ-23241?locationRegionStateProvince=31475924e5494080a8a458bf4fa293ed&locations=0b7c96a3cb1601962430b0650201ef20 Job Req #23241
You must sign in to apply for this position.