Website Nexstar Media
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
- Write clearly and accurately; manage and approve content and teases for air; select graphics that explain and showcase stories and reinforce station branding
- Develop newscast content by understanding and embracing research, branding and logistics
- Collaborate with news team to select stories for coverage
- Execute newscasts with minimal errors and meet deadlines; oversee quality control of newscast while in booth
- Write and post content for station website and social media platforms
- Respond to breaking news with a sense of urgency
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be a motivated team player who will be a positive newsroom citizen
- Demonstrate strong writing skills, with a deep understanding of how context adds or subtracts to a story
- Have the ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for an upcoming newscast
- Remain calm in the heat of the moment and able to steer your team in the right direction
- Be comfortable with change, and able to alter a newscast before and during broadcast - and do it accurately
- Thrive on storytelling and showcasing, with an eye for creative and engaging video and graphics
- Writing: Consistently writing factual/accurate, clear, compelling, easy-to-understand, news stories and teases, making maximum use of video, graphics, live shots, and all the tools available to achieve superb story telling.
- Aggressive Response to Breaking News: On air, online, and on other platforms.
- Successfully produce one or more newscasts daily: Newscasts should be executed without on air errors and meet all deadlines prior to air, including timing of newscast, executing changes as needed.
- Utilization of Graphics: Able to select appropriate graphics to help explain and showcase stories while reinforcing station branding, and enhancing storytelling by use and placement.
- Suggestion & Development of Story Ideas: Coordinates with team to develop story ideas and offers innovative suggestions for story coverage, reduces repetition of stories from newscast to newscast, digs for new information to advance stories, generates unique content for assigned newscast, understands newscast audience make-up.
- Brand Development: Each producer will be assigned responsibilities toward developing the "Taking Action, Getting Results" brand. Producers will research viewer-submitted "Action" stories to determine whether the station can help viewers get "Results". Set up interviews, as needed, for reporters, anchors, and photojournalists. Oversee story developments through to completion and on air execution.
- Produce Web Content: Each producer will be assigned specific daily responsibilities for updating the station website and social media sites. *Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years previous news producing experience preferred
- Be open to work a flexible schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Have a Bachelor's degree in journalism, related field, or equivalent experience
Apply Online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/job/AL-Huntsville200-Holmes-Avenue-WHNT/Producer--NE-_REQ-8479-1 Job Req #8479
You must sign in to apply for this position.