Website Nexstar Media
Creative Rockstar Wanted
We’re looking for someone who loves what life looks like through a lens, Adobe AfterFX makes their heart go pitter-pat, and gets a kick over the rhythm of keystrokes while copywriting. Apply now because we’re the place for you. WHNT and WHDF, a Nexstar CBS/CW duopoly located in dynamic Huntsville, Alabama seeks a Creative Services Producer. If you’re looking for a place that will embrace your creative beast read on. We are market #76 and serve 11 counties. Here, you get to work and play in beautiful downtown Huntsville, a city growing with entertainment and art venues. Our area boasts more than 100 miles of free public walking, biking, and hiking trails. Huntsville is one of best places in the nation for job growth and to live. Huntsville is a one-of-a-kind city that prides itself on its past and looks ahead to its future. Experience the beauty of Huntsville’s outdoor areas, the thrill of local sports teams, the bustle of Rocket City nightlife, our rich history and a wide array of exciting art and entertainment options.
- Write, shoot and edit commercials, promos, and digital ads that meet or exceed client/station objectives and expectations
- Stay up to date on industry trends and implement them into work product
- Produce digital ads using current best practices
- Manage time while juggling multiple-projects
- Collaborate with a variety of clients, account executives and team members throughout production process
- Bring creative ideas to brainstorming sessions and readily pitch them to clients
- Maintain equipment and data files
- Other projects as assigned
- Must attend daily editorial meetings with the news team.
- Must write, shoot and edit topical promos and in-show teases for 4, 5, 6, 6:30, 9, and 10:00 pm newscasts.
- Must incorporate interactive and social media with branding efforts.
- Must tag episodic promos.
- Must review Public Service Announcements.
- Must serve as station brand ambassador for special events.
- Requires some commercial production.
- Assist news team during breaking news, special events, and weather coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; equivalent experience required
- A minimum of 1-year relevant professional experience
- Must possess excellent communication skills including creative writing, grammar, spelling, and verbal
- Understand and successfully execute basic principles for copy-writing, lighting, nonlinear editing, and design
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere and Photoshop
- Fluent in DSLR technology and cinematography
- Display understanding and skills with Adobe AfterFX
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Understand and use social media
You must sign in to apply for this position.