Website Nexstar Media
The Sales Manager is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the Sales department, including development of new business and achievement of revenue goals across Broadcast and Digital Platforms.
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees
- Drives new business development
- Manages inventory and revenue forecasting
- Manages recruitment, training, evaluation, and development of sales professionals
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures
- Manages Accounts Receivable
- Guide and oversee the Local Sales Teams' selling efforts to achieve revenue goals with both Agency and Direct clients across all available platforms (TV & Digital).
- Maintain effective internal systems and processes to ensure proper development of new and existing accounts and to help keep account executives on track to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual Revenue goals.
- Develop and maintain excellent Local Advertiser and Agency relationships; making sales calls with Account Executives.
- Possess emphatic levels of customer service with the goal to meet and exceed client's expectations
- Strong understanding of marketing with an emphasis on creating strategies that grow market share for local businesses
- Passion for coaching and developing multiplatform sellers. Build upon our positive team focused work culture.
- Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales techniques
- Develop new business through selling commercial advertising time and other station products by reaching out to local businesses and other advertisers
- Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for local businesses incorporating TV, online and digital programs.
- Retain current business and develop new business contacts
- Collaborate with other station Dept. to achieve mutually beneficial goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
- Minimum three-five years of media sales experience
- Fluency in English
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating personnel, including setting and monitoring performance standards
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment
- Experience with Wide Orbit Traffic, Strata, Matrix, and comScore is preferred
Apply Online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/nexstar/details/Sales-Manager_REQ-23794?locationRegionStateProvince=e7634111501844fe83a0b316b16beb08 Job Req #Req-23794
You must sign in to apply for this position.