Website Nexstar Media Group, Inc. - WBOY TV
The Digital Producer leads the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
· Develops and leads winning strategy for station content
· Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
· Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
· Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television
· Determines a story’s emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
· Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
· Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions
· Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning meetings
· Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
· Shoots and edits content for on-air and digital
· Produces reports for all platforms
· Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
· Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials.
· Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements:Requirements & Skills: · Degree in journalism; daily newspaper or news site experience required; live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred · Proficiency in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML preferred · CSS, Flash and other relevant technology skills is a plus · Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments · Responds positively to feedback
You must sign in to apply for this position.