Website Nexstar Media
Students will have an opportunity to gain a wide range of hands-on experience while interning in the news department. Interns work closely with producers, anchors and reporters both in-house and out in the field. At the station, interns could help research and write stories. If needed, they will also contact sources for additional information.
- Each internship is for 16 hours per week for 15 weeks
- Will be well supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
- Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated through a written review by the internship supervisor
Responsibilities:In the field, interns will learn how the camera equipment works, what camera shots matter and how reporters gather new information to differentiate live shots. Interns may function as field producers in the sense of coordinating interviews and attending press conferences. Other opportunities exist for those who are interested in learning more about directing and producing. Interns can shadow the producers in the control room and eventually try to produce a portion of the show themselves. For those interested in on-air opportunities, anchors and reporters will help students craft a reel.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Enrolled in an accredited school, college, or university
- Must be a senior in their last year of concentrated study
- Able to provide a letter from the school, college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for their internship
- Be of advanced skill level due to complexity of projects
- A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Previous internship experience a plus
You must sign in to apply for this position.