Website Nexstar Media
Our Integrated Marketing Internship is for students interested in a practical experience in Broadcast & Digital marketing and/or Sales. Learn first-hand how marketing campaigns are constructed; how to identify a client’s needs and budgets, what marketing channels make the most sense to reach a targeted audience, how to set and handle expectations, and how reporting and managing campaigns can help to make them successful. You will work with our Marketing Consultants, Sales Managers, even the station General Manager. You will receive feedback on your efforts.
Interns must be college/university students and receive college credit for the internships. Students are expected to obtain and complete any forms necessary to receive credit for the internship experience. The intern’s college/university academic advisor (and institution guidelines) determines the amount of credit available (and subsequently, the amount of time an intern will be available on a weekly basis). Station department heads will oversee the internship to evaluate, monitor, and assess the intern’s progress and ensure they are receiving the proper education/training. The student is aware that this is an UN-PAID, SUPERVISED INTERNSHIP. The student is responsible for his/her own transportation.
Internships are available for qualified students studying for a business and/or communication degree. As part of the internship, you will have an opportunity to learn about all departments at the station.
- Each internship is for up to 16 hours per week for 15 weeks
- Will be supervised and participate in a meaningful learning experience
- Upon completion of the internship, the student will be evaluated through a written review by the internship supervisor
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Must be a senior in their last year of concentrated study
- Enrolled in an accredited school, college, or university
- Able to provide a letter from the school, college or university stating that the student will be granted credit for their internship
- Possess strong communications skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to research marketing prospects online
- Able to learn research software packages
- Expected to work two eight-hour shifts per week
- A collaborative worker with a willingness to learn
- Previous internship experience a plus
You must sign in to apply for this position.