Website Nexstar Media
Newsroom leaders wanted! WFFF/WVNY, the Fox & ABC affiliates in the beautiful Burlington-Plattsburgh area is looking for a main Anchor.
You will serve as a primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms. You will write and edit copy for news and serve as the co-anchor.
We are looking for an experienced journalist who can lead by example. This anchor must maintain an on-air persona that is friendly, energetic and authoritative. Anchor must exhibit urgency every day, particularly during breaking news and be able to engage with the community on air, digitally and in person.
We expect our anchors to be newsroom leaders. You will be a part of a growing news team built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and a desire to win.
Responsibilities:Duties & Responsibilities:
- Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
- Coaches and acts as a mentor to young talent
- Acts as a field reporter as assigned.
- Conducts interviews with news personnel and others.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Edits video clips as assigned.
- Writes content for the website and other eMedia platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in news reporting or anchoring. (More or less depending on market size.)
- Superior on-air presence.
- Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
You must sign in to apply for this position.