Website Nexstar Media
The Meteorologist Reporter will report, shoot, write and edit weather/news reports across multiple platforms.
- Produce and present weather/news reports for all platforms.
- Ensures that all weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Writes and delivers weather / news stories in a clear and concise manner.
- Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating weather programming and other content.
- Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
- Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
- Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
- The MMVJ part of the job includes reporting three days a week.
- Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
- Winning candidate will be posting on the web and social media.
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Entry level to 2 years’ experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
- Must be able to shoot video and perform non-linear editing. Ability to write story from beginning to end. Knowledge of ENPS helpful.
- Proficiency with Barron’s Radar is helpful.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Flexibility to work any shift.
Apply online at https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar/job/ND-Bismarck/Report-I--Meteorologist_REQ-28208