Website Nexstar Media
Anchors weathercasts and can handle continuous severe weather coverage in the heart of Tornado Alley.
Are you ready to join a weather department in one of the most dynamic weather markets in the country? We got blizzards, we got tornadoes, we got thunderstorms… we got it all!
And are you ready to contribute to your community as well as to the success of the TV station? KXMB, Bismarck is looking for a talented Meteorologist who is ready to take on these challenges and more. Top notch forecasting and radar skills must be matched by great communication skills, a learning attitude, and a positive style.
You will not be stuck in the weather studio either. Meteorologists here can get out in the storm with Live Shots anytime they want. We want our weather forecasts to be dynamic, and having our meteorology team be inside and outside the studio is a big part of this.
Our new Meteorologist will also need to be enthusiastic about competing in the digital age! Knowledge of WSI systems a plus. BS in Meteorology or equivalent required. AMS/CBM and/or NWA Seal preferred. If you are looking for a place to make a difference, and you have the experience, the enthusiasm, and the human touch in your on-air presentation, we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities:Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Forecasts and prepares weather products across all platforms, including digital
- Anchors severe weather coverage and produces special content as required for severe weather
- Available to go live and storm chase whenever needed.
- Actively uses social media and other platforms to inform and engage viewers and grow audience
- Plays an active and visible role in the community
- Rock solid forecasting skill and love of meteorology
- Outstanding real time Dual Pol Doppler Radar interpretation skills
- Dynamic, personable, genuine on-air performance skills
- Knowledge and grasp of the fast-changing world of social media and delivering weather content across multiple platforms
- Excellent people skills to ensure smooth and productive working relationships both internally and externally
- Positive leadership skills to create and maintain cohesive weather team