Website Nexstar Media
KXMB Is looking for a full time production assistant to be involved in the production of Good Day Dakota. This shift will start bright and early at 4:00 am with the luxury of being done at 12:45 pm! Will get to participate in all production aspects of Good Day Dakota and Studio 701.
Some experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate. The right candidate will be able to learn and adapt quickly, think on the fly, and use critical and creative thinking to solve daily issues. This position will have opportunities to engage in all aspects of our production including directing.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
- Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
- Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
- Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
- Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
- Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
- Sets up cameras and related equipment
- Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
- Produces graphics for newscast
- Creates graphics for the newscast
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Will train the right individual