Website Nexstar Media
KX News is hiring!
KXMB, a Nexstar station, is looking for a News Anchor. The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with a superb on-air presence. This individual is energetic and can deliver everything from hard new to features with clarity and poise on-air, online, and on all other media platforms.
Responsibilities:Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write clearly and interestingly and use video and graphics to illustrate story facts and ideas.
- Build sources, lead community engagements, generate story ideas and participate in editorial meetings.
- Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
- Report live, scripted and unscripted with clarity, accuracy, and confidence.
- Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
- Writes content for the website and other media platforms.
- Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
- Participates in promotional activities, including public appearances.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Engage with our surrounding community and make an effort to meet and understand the issues impacting our viewers
Requirements:Requirements & Skills:
- 2 years anchoring experience in a small to medium-size market
- A college degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Natural newsroom leader who can take the lead on stories while also knows the importance of working together as a news team
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad-lib when required. Someone who wants to report in-depth stories too.
- Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local/national current events, history, newsmakers, issues.
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.