Website NebPublicMedia Nebraska Public Media
This position will be situated in the Scottsbluff area and will work independently to test, configure, calibrate, install, operate, update, repair and perform systems and transmitter preventative maintenance to television and radio transmitters and associated equipment. The site manager will also maintain and repair low power TV and radio transmitters and NOAA regional National Weather Service transmission equipment.
- Install, operate and repair digital television and radio transmitters, translator, NOAA National weather service transmitters and related equipment in assigned geographical service area/region, with regular trips to other Nebraska sites.
- Operate and repair ancillary equipment to translator and transmitter systems in Nebraska Perform regular preventative maintenance activities of television, radio transmitters, NOAA National Weather Service transmitters to ensure proper and efficient functioning of all transmission equipment.
- Provide supervision of tower crews and other contracted personnel doing maintenance at regional Nebraska Public media transmitter sites.
- Order and install equipment, work with vendors and work with local land owners to ensure compliance with agreements.
- Supervise or install new equipment and antennas as required. Interprets CAD mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, and detailed electronic schematic diagrams.
- Responsible for the upkeep of the buildings and grounds of transmitter locations.
- Operate and oversee maintenance of a State provided vehicle.
- Make recommendations to supervisor for equipment replacement, system modifications and general operations requirements to enhance the function of the transmission sites.
- Operate and repair ancillary equipment to translator and transmitter systems in Nebraska.
- Maintain files of operation, program logs, and tower inspections and report tower lighting failures as required by FFCC and FAA.
- REQUIREMENTS: An associate's or similar two-year degree in communications/electronic equipment or related discipline of study OR equivalent work experience (3 years) using, maintaining, repairing, modifying and testing communications/electronic equipment.
- OTHER: Valid driver's license.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/4001605/transmission-site-manager?keywords=Transmission%20Site%20Manager&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.