Website NebPublicMedia Nebraska Public Media
Under general to limited supervision from the Nebraska Public Media Human Resource Manager, the Personnel Officer serves as a primary Human Resource Specialist responsible for State and University HR processes and employee inquiries related to, but not limited to, payroll and benefits processing, conducting/leading recruitment and selection activities, onboarding new hires and employee/labor relations issues.
- Recruits, interviews, and screens applicants for Nebraska Public Media; applies established hiring evaluation criteria during the screening of applicants; writes ads for newspapers and contacts various employment/labor sources to locate applicants; conducts external recruitment activities, including attending job fairs.
- Develops, coordinates, and presents orientation material to new employees; explains policies, rules, labor contracts, the employing agency’s personnel policies, insurance, retirement, and benefits package; conducts training to explain these matters to agency employees. Answers questions and explains laws, labor contracts, employing agency’s personnel policies and procedures, and terms of health insurance, leave, and other benefits to employees and supervisors; writes memos on personnel matters and drafts; and revises the employing agency’s personnel policies.
- Coordinates the payroll and benefits programs, functions, or processes (which include workers compensation, unemployment insurance, and safety-health activities) to ensure compliance with State Personnel rules, labor-management agreements and contracts, and administrative procedures.
- Coordinates the employing agency’s employee performance evaluation programs, functions, or processes; distributes evaluation forms and instructions to supervisors; explains procedures and answers questions; meets with agency supervisors and employees to resolve differences of opinion.
- Obtains, reviews, and processes job descriptions for potential actions; discusses actions with supervisors and managers to ensure compliance with labor-management agreements and contracts and state personnel rules; explains classification policies and procedures to employees; coordinates classification and compensation activities.
Requirements:REQUIREMENTS: Two years of experience performing human resource/personnel work such as recruiting and orientating new employees; processing personnel/payroll transactions and maintaining related databases; or processing or assisting with grievances, disciplinary actions, and related fact-finding. OR One year of coursework or training in human resource management, personnel administration, or employee/labor relations, or other administrative discipline with emphasis in human resource management, personnel administration, or employee/labor relations.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/nebraska/jobs/3999858/human-resource-specialist?department=Nebraska%20Public%20Media&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
You must sign in to apply for this position.