Website Midwest Communications, Inc.
Tired of feeling unfulfilled at work? Are you looking for a comp
Midwest Communications in Peoria, Illinois, is looking for a passionate and enthusiastic content-side leader to serve as Operations Manager for our radio station brands and digital assets. We’re looking for a champion of change and growth who has demonstrated experience in dominant clusters and in the digital media ecosystem.
You’ll join our market-leading group and contribute to a high-energy culture, alongside other talented managers, uber-creative media personalities, and a killer sales team. Plus, you’ll work for Duke Wright’s Midwest Communications, one of the most respected and committed companies in the industry.
Desired duties, skills and experience include:
· Grow audience and contribute to long-term revenue and profitability growth of all brands.
· Lead and manage personnel, including training, establishing goals, assessing progress, appraising performance and resolving problems.
· Coach and train on-air talent and other content providers to deliver remarkable content in an interesting, compelling, and entertaining style that attracts the targeted audience, builds ratings and engages digital users.
· Propose new and innovative ways to enhance brands with the target audience.
· Constantly reinforce immediacy and topicality and capitalize on related opportunities.
· Work closely with other departments and managers to help enhance overall market performance.
· Contribute to and reinforce an assertive and positive team culture.
· Act as Brand Manager for at least one specific station brand, and oversee other local market brands.
· Plan, perform and execute a daily on-air program. Experience as an entertaining talk show host is a plus but not required. Experience in News-Talk format operations and programming is a big plus.
· Focus on the creation of podcasts and digital media efforts with strategies to increase users and impressions.
· Define and deploy integrated marketing campaigns that leverage brand websites, email, 3rd party sites, texting, streaming, etc., to maximize revenue and brand awareness.
· Propose and plan promotion and marketing efforts, and work directly with revenue development personnel on key integrated sales initiatives.
· Maintain a burning desire to create, execute, and promote aggressive, targeted, vibrant exposure “on the streets,” from a grass-roots perspective, and in various ways the community to extend the visibility, perception, and recall of all brands, all with high standards for brand appearance and continuity.
· Be available to work in, and in many cases lead, all emergency situations, including but not limited to severe weather.
· Protect the station licenses and help keep our cluster compliant with all rules and regulations.
· Maintain a valid driver license and clean driving record, which are required for hiring.
We’re looking for demonstrated leadership and management skills and a forward thinker who is a strong contributor to the growth strategies of the entire cluster. You must be a proponent of change and of defining individual expectations which contribute to bigger picture plans. If this sounds like an opportunity you’d like to pursue, please send resume, cover letter, and mp3 of unedited on-air work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midwest Communications, Inc. is privately owned and operated with 82 radio stations in eight states. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer by choice.
Responsibilities:We’re looking for demonstrated leadership and management skills and a forward thinker who is a strong contributor to the growth strategies of the entire cluster. You must be a proponent of change and of defining individual expectations which contribute to bigger picture plans.
You must sign in to apply for this position.