News for You
KYOU seeks a motivated self-starter looking to overachieve in an growing Fox, NBC, and CW affiliate in the role of Account Executive. This Sales Executive is a team player and has the business acumen for cultivating strong business relationships directly with clients. Identifying a client’s needs, working on developing a compelling campaign, and then sharing it with passion, conviction and integrity to close the deal are attributes we are seeking. This challenging and rewarding position will be responsible for the development of new business partnerships, including local station initiatives, and digital advertising sales.
- About Gray Television: Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
- About KYOU: KYOU-TV is the FOX, NBC, The CW, Circle, and Grit affiliated television station for the area of Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. KYOU-TV signed on the air more than 30 years ago. The TV station serves more than 9 counties in Iowa and Missouri with more than 37,000 television households. While the main studio is located in Ottumwa, KYOU-TV also staffs a news bureau in Kirksville, MO. KYOU-TV is dedicated to being a part of our communities and sharing the stories of the people we serve. KYOU-TV is owned by Gray Television.
Responsibilities:The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn about their business, and propose solutions
- Sell broadcast and digital products by establishing contact and develop relationships with prospects
- Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance; recommend new opportunities
- Maintain quality service
- Keep up-to-date on all products and services offered; learn new products and understand how clients can benefit from using them
- Make monthly broadcast and digital goals
- Stay organized; help client succeed in their business
- Previous sales experience is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Must excel in presentation skills, developing strong client relationships, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals and sales planning
- Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and carry a positive attitude
- Must have good computer skills, and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- A pre-employment and random drug screening is required
- Must have a clean driving record
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.