KWQC TV6 is looking for a bright and dynamic news producer for our morning news show. You will oversee the overall direction of the newscast including pre-production, graphics, content, editing and writing. We love creative producers who don’t just stack and write a newscast but showcase each story. Must bring story ideas to the table daily and be able to write excellent conversational stories. It is essential that you be able to maintain a level of calm and make quick decisions in intense pressure situations.
About Gray Television: Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households. We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
About KWQC: KWQC-TV6 is a dominant NBC affiliate, serving Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois as the Quad Cities’ #1 station for news, information, and entertainment programming. KWQC-TV6 has the most experienced team in the market. We strive to keep our viewers safe and informed while guiding them through the ever-evolving digital world.
- Produce a creative and informative newscast with emphasis on the viewers interests
- Coordinate the writing and editing of scripts that incorporate video, natural sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Time the newscast in the control room
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
- Strong writing skills, using correct grammar Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must be professional and courteous with the public, answer phones and greeting guests who are booked to appear on air
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have a strong understanding of journalistic ethics
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
- Familiarity with ENPS, Grass Valley Edius, Photoshop and Arc Publishing preferred
- Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
- As a condition of employment, Gray Television will require that newly hired employees, whether part-time or full-time, be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus by the first workday to the extent permitted by applicable law unless you qualify for a medical or religious accommodation.