Website KUSI 9 News
KUSI 9 News in San Diego is looking for a qualified Digital Content Producer to create content for publication to the company website and social media platforms.
Responsibilities:This will include, but is not limited to:
- Digital Content Creators are responsible for creating, updating, and maintaining a range of content to help KUSI News market our coverage in the most efficient way possible across all platforms. KUSI.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
- It will be your duty to create high quality, sharable content to raise brand awareness, monitor web traffic and other metrics to identify best practices.
- Proofreading and editing all content posted to the web to ensure the writing style is appropriate (AP style).
- Conducting and maintaining databases and distributing the information for email blasts and e-newsletters
- These duties require valid news judgement and urgency. You must be able to prioritize which stories should be published first, and which stories should be elevated due to their interest to our audience.
- Knowledge of how to create posts using techniques that emphasize their news value, while still leading people to want to learn more by visiting KUSI.com.
- Proficient in writing. Must be able to summarize interviews and stories to include complimentary information to the video on KUSI.com.
- Find and recognize trending digital content that has value to our audience for the news producers to include in broadcasts.
Requirements:Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing, or related field. 2 years of professional writing experience, knowledge of AP style writing, demonstrated excellence in writing, editing and proofreading. Must have working knowledge of the Internet and social media platforms, ability to take direction from management and create an actionable plan for execution. Must be detail oriented and have excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
You must sign in to apply for this position.