Website KULR TV - Cowles Montana Media
Digital Anchor/Fill-In Anchor
NonStop Local Billings is hiring a full-time Anchor for our streaming platforms and regional/statewide newscasts. Come join our team in beautiful Billings, Montana connecting with our communities across the state while telling the stories of the day. You’ll anchor throughout the day on all platforms and fill-in anchor or report from the studio on our evening newscasts. Billings is a diverse, growing community in Montana with access to many outdoor and cultural activities. This is one of the most highly sought-after places to live in the U.S. We are looking for a creative storyteller with solid shooting and editing skills. A successful candidate must be motivated, ambitious, and hardworking. They must be organized and able to meet daily deadlines. Competitive salary & benefits. Come join a progressive, growing, multi-cultural newsroom in one of the most beautiful regions in the U.S. This is a great place to learn and grow in a community that supports and believes in local journalism!
Responsibilities:An anchor for our family-owned company is expected to share in the same baseline job description. You will report directly to the News Director, who will help you grow! Our operation is based on a story-centric workflow. That means we prioritize story treatment across a variety of platforms, from our linear broadcasts, to our streaming services, as well as social media and our digital properties. Baseline Job Description:
- Serve as a face of the station, presenting news in a conversational style from the studio.
- Breaking news is our bread and butter. Anchors are expected to guide and cover breaking news coverage in a smooth, cohesive way especially when ad-libbing.
- Anchors must be capable of working in a self-directed environment - producing news updates, developing local contacts and local content.
- A competitive passion to win and openness to innovation is mandatory!
- Our anchors are passionate about promoting our products through their connection with the social media audience.
- An active newsroom leader who sets an example by visibly supporting and enhancing the work to improve and expand the viewer/user experience on all platforms.
- Represent station/company at a variety of events. These will likely occur outside of the regular workday.
Requirements:What You Bring (If we hire for this job: these are the qualifications of an ideal candidate):
- Strong leadership skills.
- Availability for big breaking news coverage on unassigned shift.
- Smooth/pleasant delivery authentic to the viewers we serve.
- Strong writing skills and news judgment.
- Exemplary communication skills.
- Exceptional written communications skills using a conversational writing style.
- Strong editorial judgment and a proven ethical foundation
Contact:Jeff Hite Director of Recruiting & Training
You must sign in to apply for this position.