Are you looking to get your start in broadcasting a market that experiences all weather scenarios? KTTC-TV in Rochester, Minnesota gets it all! Our coverage area of southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa sees snow, rain, tornadoes, derechos, floods, and more. We’re the perfect market to get your start and grow as a professional broadcast meteorologist. The KTTC First Alert Weather team is looking for someone who loves weather to join them in forecasting for southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa. This person will primarily forecast on-air on weekends and have other duties creating content during the week. This meteorologist will work closely with our Chief Meteorologist, news management, and producers to craft engaging and dynamic forecasts.
An ideal candidate will have a firm understanding that weather impacts all parts of our lives. Forecasting at the green screen in studio isn’t their only responsibility. Climate change is real and will be the story this generation covers their entire lives. Weather happens outside the studio and this meteorologist will have a strong desire to get out and tell those impactful stories.
We’re also looking for someone who can create unique weather content viewers would like to see on Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire, our weather app, and website. Experience with WSI graphics systems is a plus. Experience reporting, shooting, and editing will set you apart from other applicants, but not required.
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Analyze weather data and prepare an accurate forecast
- Use WSI graphic systems to create content supporting the forecast
- Cover severe and breaking weather situations across all platforms
- Post weather content to station website, social media accounts, apps, and streaming devices
- Flexibility in scheduling to cover severe weather or fill-in for other weather team members
- Degree in meteorology from an accredited school or program
You must sign in to apply for this position.