KTTC-TV in Rochester, Minnesota is looking for the next superstar producer to grow our groundbreaking weekday lifestyle show “Midwest Access”. In addition to booking dynamic guests and crafting engaging segments, this producer will also be part of the show! The producer will turn recorded segments and participate in live discussions on air from the control room.
“Midwest Access” is unlike any show in the Rochester, Minnesota TV market. Airing weekdays at 4 p.m., “Midwest Access” covers everything from healthy eating to the newest business opening in our area. The show is often done entirely live from communities and events in Southeastern Minnesota and Northeastern Iowa.
We expect the producer of this show to work together with the show’s anchor in developing engaging and dynamic TV moments. This position must be able to manage their time effectively, be a meticulous planner, and have an eye on what’s important to our viewers. If you want to break into the lifestyle scene in local television, this position is the perfect launching point! Learn more about the show here: https://www.kttc.com/news/midwest-access/
Responsibilities:Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Pitching relevant segments and booking guests
- Writing scripts, editing video and other visual elements daily
- Line-produce show
- Collaborating with show anchor on travel show ideas and themes
- Managing show planner
- Posting in-depth and engaging web articles for each segment and story featured in show
- Posting content to KTTC social media platforms
- Cutting down relevant interviews into shorter clips for other newscasts
- Strong creativity
- Knowledge of AP writing style
- Working knowledge of current events and community issues
- Time management is a priority
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Excellent communications skills – both in writing and interpersonally with coworkers
You must sign in to apply for this position.