Website KRQE Media Group
The Digital News Photographer/Editor will shoot and edit video, as well as operate live backpacks, flir from helicopter, and drone for online publication and live streaming. The successful candidate will embrace news photography and all aspects of newsgathering including gathering information, conducting interviews, writing scripts and generating content in our Digital First newsroom.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities & Duties:
- Shoots and edits news video stories, including daily news, special news, features, sports and live events for web and television
- Takes direction from and interacts with the news managers & digital staff
- Maintains and operates camera equipment as well as company vehicle safely and efficiently
- Operates cameras, video on cell phone, portable TVU live backpack units, live microwave, and satellite trucks, in remote situations
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements:Requirements & Skills include, but not limited to:
- Valid driver license with an acceptable driving record
- College degree in broadcasting or journalism or professional experience in related field
- Must be familiar with general principals of photojournalism
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Minimum 2+ years’ experience operating video recording equipment in Television Broadcast
- Proficiency with digital editing software such as Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Avid or similar
- Ability to meet daily deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks in must cases simultaneously
- Flexibility to work any shift during normal, breaking news/weather, holidays, and other scheduled workflow requirements
- Physical Demands & Work Environment: The Digital News Photographer/Editor must be able to stand, sit, conduct interviews without a reporter present, use electronic mail, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the Digital News Photographer/Editor must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 60 pounds, and be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools, or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
You must sign in to apply for this position.