Seven at Your Service
KPLC/KVHP are looking for an Entry-level IT Technician that will assist in the installation and maintenance of computer systems and networks in a television environment. You will also instruct users of the systems to make appropriate and safe usage of the IT infrastructure, under the guidance of the IT Team.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
· Set up computers and necessary peripheral devices (scanners, printers etc.)
· Check computer hardware (HDD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
· Install and configure software.
· Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
· Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment
· Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
· Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes and maintenance schedule requirements
· Excellent communication ability
· Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
· Knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
A successful candidate will have a basic working knowledge of computer software and hardware, internet applications, and networks. He/she will need good troubleshooting skills and attention to detail.
Hours and shifts will vary depending on the news events of the day, with possible weekend, night, on call and holiday work. Must be able to lift heavy equipment, and work at heights. The successful candidate must be able to think on their feet, work well with others, be a self-starter and a team player. MVR is also required.
Qualified applicants apply on-line at https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings. No phone calls please. EOE-M/F/D/V